This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work with an office dedicated to improving the lives of people in low income and emerging economies
Background: The Overseas Cooperative Development Council (OCDC) is a membership organization of Cooperative Development Organizations (CDOs) working in a variety of sectors. OCDC is committed to advancing a more prosperous world through cooperatives. The RG uses academically rigorous methods to carry out research and provide evidence about the impacts of cooperatives, primarily in the developing world. Seeking to increase the effectiveness of cooperative development as well as its uptake as a development strategy for inclusive growth and self-reliance, the RG carries out research that focuses on the enabling environment as well as on the capacity of cooperatives. The RG is committed to providing practical solutions that fill gaps in knowledge.
The RG is currently implementing a project funded by USAID under the Cooperative Development Program (CDP). The program, Cooperative Research, Education and Dissemination (CRED), is a five-year Cooperative Agreement.
Reporting to the Program & Communications Associate, the Operations Assistant (OA) plays a crucial role in the management of CRED and operations at OCDC. The OA is a lynchpin member of the OCDC team, collaborating closely with colleagues to track program operations, schedule and manage events and travel, and handle logistics of program and internal meetings. As with all members of OCDC, the OA is expected to work as a team member supporting and collaborating with the other members of the RG and OCDC.
Key Tasks: Working both independently and in close collaboration with Program & Communications Associate, the OA activities center on supporting the CRED and other OCDC programs and assuring that timelines are kept to deliverables in accordance with the overall OCDC workload.
These tasks include:
- Prepare and route invoices, expense reports, and other payments from consultants, subcontractors, vendors, etc. for approval; submits to the Program and Communications Associate (PCA) as appropriate who then submit to Research Director for approval in a timely manner
- Prepare and route monthly expense report for OCDC and RG expenses
- Track and compile digital records of invoices and expense reports in file storage system (SharePoint)
- Manage logistics of booking hotels, travel insurance, and transport for OCDC/RG staff and guests when abroad. Schedule flights for OCDC/RG staff and guests when abroad
- Work with RG staff and liaise with international vendors to book venue spaces for international events
- Work with RG staff and liaise with local vendors to book venue spaces for DC-cased events
- Assist in set up/management of remote meetings during working group, board, and other meetings
- Manage catering / scheduling of room reservations for internal and external meetings
- Be primary point of contact for contracted IT support
- Assist Executive Director in drafting of board reports. Copy/edit on reports as needed.
- Assist Executive Director in liaising with designers for board/program materials
- Assist Executive Director in general communications with the board
- Operate Executive Director’s social media presence and outreach
- Work with Program and Compliance Officer to operationalize and streamline internal processes and procedures
- Maintain and prepare a weekly check-in sheet for internal All Staff meetings
- Accepts other assignments as they apply to the general scope of this position
This position requires someone who is a self-starter and a priority-oriented thinker. This person is excited about quality management of an office environment focused on improving the lives of people in low income and emerging economies. This person is collegial with successfully applied cross-cultural skills, able to work collaboratively within a small team while at the same time also able to work independently and efficiently to achieve project targets.
- Associate degree in relevant field of study
- 1+ years of post-degree work experience, to include relevant experience in providing administrative assistance
- Demonstrated time management expertise and experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing international travel
- Demonstrated experience in processing financial documents and expense reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Critical thinker
Additional Desired Qualities
- Experience aiding USAID-funded projects
- Knowledge of international development
- Knowledge of program management software
- Strong writing skills
To Apply: please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB March 16, 2020.