We have curated this information is to help coop leaders guide and communicate with their community members. Cooperatives provide a trusted voice in their neighborhoods. This resource provides accurate and timely knowledge for that voice.
Flattening the Curve: this Washington Post article explains how this virus spreads and illustrates the need to avoid public gatherings.
Risk Communication and Community Management: a collection of technical guidance from the WHO to assist community leaders in preparing the community and communicating the risks associated with COVID-19.
Adapting the Workplace: this WHO resource provides guidance for employers to help employees continue work while minimizing risk of transmission.
Basic Q&A: WHO provided resource that can help cooperative leaders provide trusted answers to many of the common questions that cooperative members may ask regarding personal health and hygiene.
A Deeper Dive: a WHO video and course aimed at teaching the fundamental principles of emerging respiratory viruses and how to effectively respond to an outbreak. Video is less than 5 minutes. Course completion in around 3 hours.
Prepare your cooperative community! Create a community business plan involving priorities below:
- Reduce transmission by promoting understanding of the disease with the resources above.
- Who will call whom to share the latest information?
- Where can people find resources to inform decisions?
- Who should people call if they are sick?
- Prepare resources to make calls or for continued internet communication.